This past weekend Eep came down for the weekend. The main reason was to go to HersheyPark to celebrate Kristin's "Bachelorette Party" with her bridal party and some of our dear friends from IUP. It was a nice idea, and I was thrilled to spend it with some friends I don't get to see too often, but I ended up getting a killer gluten-induced headache (a fairly new and absolutely horrible thing that's been happening a bunch lately) which ruined a large portion of my experience that day.
Amusement park, indeed.

I snapped this of (l-r) Eep, G, Tuna, Kev and K before both my body and my day were contaminated and left in ruins.
So, unfortunately, I had limited amounts of fun after I ate, but I genuinely hope Kristin and Bob and everyone else had a good time. I'm definitely looking forward to the wedding next month!
Anyways, the next morning, Eep had to roll out before noon, so I got up to see him off. He was just going to leave and grab some food on the road home, but while I was helping him get his stuff out to his car, I locked us out of my place. Nice, right?
Luckily, Molyneaux had been inspired to go out and get some groceries to make breakfast with, and he showed up less than five minutes after Eep and I found ourselves trying (unsuccessfully) to break into my apartment. So Molyneaux turned out to be the savior of the morning on two fronts.
So, while perusing the bakery for some muffins for himself, Eep and Catie, the morning's hero also happened upon a gluten-free treat, tightly nestled in amongst its natural foes, the gluty-laden goodies. These GF brownies were in enemy territory, hiding in plain sight. That's balls.

(Photo courtesy of Molyneaux's 3G iPhone)
Score another point for Molyneaux.
But then I asked where he'd found them, and was utterly confused by his response. See if you can follow my crazy Celiac logic here...
If I'm on a gluten-free diet...
And I don't eat anything with gluten in it because it will ruin my day (see above reference)...
And I don't feel like reminding myself of some of the really tasty things that I can't enjoy anymore (i.e. freshly-made pastries from the bakery, etc)...
And I find myself in the grocery store with a hankering for something sweet...
And I would like to purchase a tasty gluten-free treat for myself...
Where is the last fucking place in the grocery store that I will be looking for such a treat?
Where should I never be able to find a MOTHERFUCKING GLUTEN-FREE BROWNIE??!!?!?!?
...
That is correct. In the motherfucking bakery section.
What. The. Fuck.
Whoever made the brilliant fucking decision to put that delectable gluten-free treat in amongst the long-abandoned, gluten-infested bakery section can eat a dick. You suck, bonehead. You should be sacked immediately.
I'm done now.
So, thanks, Molyneaux, for rescuing that GF brownie for me. It was rather tasty.

3 comments:
so im pretty damn sure i am lactose-intolerant. we can damn mile and bread together!!! Pizza will be our biggest foe. We will go down in the annals as history's worst superhero duo.
God karma's a bitch.
Caleb
Remember Angus burgers? I wish they had GF Angus burgers, so we could go to Burger King again.
So, let me see if I understand this correctly. You drove to Hersheypark. Which is all of 5 minutes from my house. and you did not think to call me? at all? ever? to bring you gluten-free food, or just to say hi? you deserve your gluten headache!
~Wendy
Post a Comment