Monday, April 12, 2010

Ben Folds is Not Merton

The following is an incredibly delayed response to
this.

The first time I watched the following video...



...I only thought the guy performing was Ben Folds for a total of like, 10 seconds. Then I was immediately all like, "Nah. That ain't him." Didn't sound like him. Didn't really look that much like him. And the setup was way too low-rent to be him.

Now, don't get me wrong... I love what Merton did! I have re-watched that clip multiple times and I'm entertained each time. Good stuff! Merton puts me in a "Thumbs-up Situation"!! I love that he had no idea that <3 = a heart, which led him to sing about the number three a bunch. It shows off his naive charm and innocence, which puts him at odds with the majority of chatroulette's habitual users (A.K.A.-shady guys who want to show you their dicks). So, even though Merton is not Ben Folds, he is pretty great.

And then THIS was brought to my attention:



Now THAT'S the Ben Folds I know, love and easily recognize! Sooo good. I really wish I could have been in the crowd for that performance. Actually...FUCK that! I wish I were Bobby!! (Although it's more likely that if somehow I were one of the people featured in this video, I'd more than likely end up being "BAM".) I love the nervous/disappointed groan that goes throughout the crowd when "BAM" starts to tilt his webcam downward, dangerously close to revealing the true nature of his pants situation. It hilariously demonstrates just how tired of/used to seeing dicks the crowd is at that point in the night.

Ben Folds is a creative genius.

And upon further investigation, I found the following clip that super-confirms what I already knew from before...



I think it's awesome that Mr. Folds thought that a friend was texting him about some random woman named "Shah-roo-lay"! And, for the record, I also enjoy the band Travis.

So, thanks for the interest in a topic outside of your expertise, dawwg. I did my homework and brought you an answer, via the Interwebs (even if that answer was, like, two weeks late). AND you duped me into draupping a Blaug post on the world for the first time since January... so I hope you're satisfied!

=^]

No comments: