Sunday, November 4, 2007

The World's Worst Supplemental Sunday Football Analysis Live Weblaug

I spent all day Sunday inside, just watching football.

Meanwhile, Tony was over in Philly, having fun doing things which I, as of the posting of this entry, have yet to hear about...

And since he was off having fun this Sunday, I figured I'd supplement his normal "The World's Worst Sunday Football Analysis" with a special first for The Tauz Blaug: A live weblaug. And although I'm sure this live weblaug will pale in comparison to Tony's blog entry about his day at the game, I had fun doing it... So here we go.

Here I am trying to stay awake during the pre-game show. (Next to me is the metric ton of laundry I should be putting away...)


This is me, at kickoff.


Big bro Mark, the reason I'm a Cowboys fan, calls for a score update, even tho it just started. He was doing Youth Ministry/Churchy things during kickoff, so he called me to get the skinny.


Cowboys score right away, booyah. I rejoice.


I call Mark and tell him they scored. He is happy as well. I have no picture to accompany this, however.

The Sheagles answer back right away. I am upset, so I simultaneously punch the floor and shake my other fist in the air.


I then settle in for the rest of the game.


Barber is puttin' it to those birds!


T.O. is tearing it up tonight. Gitcha popcorn ready!!


Romo gets picked off near the 2-minute warning and I'm pissed.


Then Bonavan McGrabb throws an interception of his own. I receive a text from Mark: "Redemption time."


The 'Boys do indeed redeem by letting Barber run one into the end zone. This turns out to be the last points scored in the half.


I officially hate Green Week, based solely on the fact that it has given Chris Collinsworth more to say on air. Fuck that guy.


...and Bob Costas should stop fucking explaining why they're sitting in the dark EVERY time you come up on screen. EVERY TIME. Stop.

On to the Second Half...

Romo hits T.O., who is wide open for T.D. on opening drive of the half!! He then treats the Philly fans to some T.O. gloating...


I go and pop some popcorn while McNabb leads a drive during which he gets sacked. I look on with interest.


Here is Kearse making faces and "moose ears" to try and stop Tony Romo and his Cowboys.


A nice little fight breaks out after some Eagle dickwad flies in with a late helmet-to-helmet hit on Julius Jones. He is not ejected, which annoys me.

Another Cowboy TD, this time to Witten. Everybody's in on the party now!! As NBC goes to commercial, they show one particularly disappointed and uninterested Philly Fan. Mark calls and tells me that "The look on that guy's face is enough to get me to go to bed feeling safe. They better not [mess] this up."

McNabb is sacked by Demarcus Ware again, so they punt. I think this picture sums up the game at this point pretty well...


Witten catches and runs after losing his helmet!!! I can't believe I can't find pictures of this on the Internet already... That amazing play sets up the FG to make it 38 - 10 with 10 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.

I kinda stopped watching intently at this point, checking some stuff out on youtube.


NBC shows a shot of a few cheerleaders. None of them are Lauren Sadowski. Then they show the empty stands after Eagles score again with about 6 minutes left in the game, making it 38 - 17.

NBC does a quick little review of the Dallas QBs between Aikman and Romo, then cut to Brad Johnson taking his first snap of game for the 'Boys. The game ends uneventfully soon after.

I call Tony (#9 on the speed dial) and am informed that he is one of the seven remaining fans in the stadium... Here I am on the phone w/ him.


I wondered if he'd get up-close to any of the Cowboys players. Here I am imagining what it'd be like to be close to T.O.


-------
And in the Tony Tradition, since he couldn't hear Coach Madden's commentary this week, here are my favorite Madden Moments from this evening:

"When McNabb throws an incomplete pass, there's no chance that anyone will catch it; not his team and definitely not the other team."

"Witten blocks well, and here he comes off of the lead block and thows what we call a WHAM."

"There's no yeahbut to this game, like 'yeahbut... at least our defense played well.'"

"I've always liked him (Witten), but now I like him even better." (after he got his "hat" knocked off and kept running.)

"There's not even enough people here to get a good 'boo' goin'... usually there's enough for at least a good 'boo'."

I quickly realized that Flozell Adams has a cool name, and that's the main reason Coach Madden kept saying it over and over during the game. That and the fact that Flozell is much bigger than the guy he's blocking tonight.
------------

There you go. First Live Weblaug here on The Tauz Blaug. Hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Joe - fourhman.com said...

What in the piss is that fucking Mothra thing on top of your TV?

Aside: that iMac plus the DBZ wall carpet is totally hip.