Ok... last time I posted, I looked not-so-bad. Not great, but not bad. And since then, I arrived at my Destination -do in time for my special occasion. Sorry to leave you hanging over the weekend, but I just didn't have access to a computer, nor did I have (nor take) the time to sit down and finish up the report on my Beard Deconstruction Project. So, without further "a -do"...
I mentioned in the last entry that I did a lot of pondering on what should be the -do for Stage 4. Some of that pondering took this form:
That's right. I doodled. I also made a possible schedule for The Project:

I stayed up too late racking my brain. I was literally stressing about this crucial decision. Should I go with a Crustache or the Goal Posts?...Will I regret it if I don't do one or the other? What are the options that lie beyond each possibility for the Final Stage? Yarrrgh! I had pretty much made a decision before I went to bed, but I did a little indecisive re-thinking in the morning. In the end, I think I went with the worst of my two options:

Let me explain why I made this choice, because...dammit, I spent way too much time thinking about it to just let it happen withouth further explanation! (Here's the obligatory chin-shot first...

I went with the more obscure of the two choices. And, although I'm pretty sure I'll get bored enough to do this again some time in the future, I'll probably never have the balls to do this specific stage next time. When will I ever get away with sporting this horrendous look again? Plus, I've never seen anyone with this -do, so I had to do it. And besides, a Crustache is not too hard to come by, so if I get bored, I can rock one of those for a bit; or any form of 'stache, really. But this...

...once in a lifetime shit(ty), baby.
I would've been angry with myself if I'd missed out on this opportunity. I was not actually angry in this picture, but I do appear to be more pissed off (or perhaps just more dangerous) with the Goal Posts on than I would without 'em.
"Why the hell would you do this to yourself?" you might be asking (probably while probably making a similar, yet hopefully less ridiculous face than this...)

The answer is: because I'm bored, I wanted something to write about, and I like the attention it's getting me. And you, my Faithful Reader, are a part of this experiment, too. You, by reading this and gazing upon my goofy, transforming visage have only served to encourage me in my bizarre little endeavor. You are not guilt-free in this matter, so don't be so quick to judge; lest you make me sad, like so:

Next up: The Project helps me get back to my roots, a fellow jackass is discovered, and what I avoided doing because of The Beard Elimination Project!

2 comments:
That doodling tactic is sublimely anal.
iStockPhoto.com is doing a beard contest. You should send them your pictures. crazy canucks...
Post a Comment